Back to School Goals

I've seen the monthly goals floating around for awhile now and I haven't joined in. Back to school time is sort of like New Years, so I'm goal setting with Jessica from I {Heart} Recess!


Personal- I have not been to the gym in a hot minute. I was doing well this last spring. Then summer came and my motivation dwindled. There is a "power sculpt" class that I want to take. I haven't lifted regularly since high school, and I need some more iron in my diet, haha. Classes are at 5:30 a.m. so we'll see if I can get up and going...

Organization- I'm good at putting grades into a paper planner, but that online thing... not so much. Last year, it ended up being a once-twice a semester major upload fiasco. This year, I'll be the gen. ed teacher with many more grades to input. I don't want to put myself back into that headache creating situation again. Once a week (or more) upload, will be much smarter on my part.

Professional- Although I am transitioning to general education, I am still going to finish my Master's in Special Education. I have 4 classes to go (I will finish next June) and a whole portfolio to start. Lord, help me make it through without stressing {and procrastinating} too much!

Students- I really want my students to be excited to learn this year. I've been learning a ton this summer, and I plan on implementing several changes. I hope that these changes excite, engage, and challenge my students.

Motto- Sometimes I bite off a bit more than I can chew. I stress way more than I should. There I days I just need to remember Ps. 139:8-10 & Phil. 4:13 a little bit more.


I had plans to go back into school today, to get things ready, but then the mail arrived....



I partly blame Jivey for her awesome mentor sentences (I now for sure own every book for all 3 mentor sentence packs). I partly blame the gals from Collaboration Cuties for their weekly mentor text linky. But, I mostly blame myself, as I'm weak and I am addicted to children's literature. How could I leave that glorious bundle of books for a day of cleaning and organizing? I started tinkering around with a back to school idea instead.

Guess I'll be productive tomorrow :)



9 comments

  1. I love all those books! I've been slowly buying the books from Jivey's Mentor sentences pack as well-and looking at the Mentor Texts as well...I'll need a lot more book bins for me!

    Good luck with your Master's- just think, you're almost there! I definitely know the feeling...it took me 4 years to finish mine! There will be a huge weight off your chest come June-just one day at a time!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also bought Jivey's Mentor Sentences books and have made shared reading plans for half of them so far. I can't wait to use them.
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books! I had a box come in yesterday too which made my day! I have a few more that I need to order for Jivey's Mentor Sentences. I am weak when it comes to children's books as well. Thankfully I just remind my husband that when we do have kids of our own they will have a well stocked library!

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy,
    I need to reintroduce myself to a little running and exercise too. I was so good until about July 4th, and now I have to get back on track. I love all of your boxes of books. There is a LONG list that I have, and I've been trying to hit up a few garage sales to see if I can pick up anything that way. How can you not pass up good books!
    Enjoy your week
    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my!! I wish I had those books arriving on my doorstep! I should just bite the bullet or I could take the cheap way out and get some from the library as I need them. Although, it would be nice to not have to do that! Love, love your motto! :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Motto!
    I would have ditched school too if I had those packages at my doorstep! :)

    Good Luck getting your room ready.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christy,
    That Jivey is definitely an enabler. She made (forced!) me to buy this really awesome rolling cart with 10 drawers. It was only $25, so I try not to think badly of her. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your student goals. I agree: I think it should be fun and exciting for them to learn. Thanks for sharing!!!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL to you and Gary!!! Yeah yeah yeah, I'm an enabler. :-P
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!