A back to school gift idea {brought to you by a guest blogger!!}


Hi there!!

I'm so excited to be here!  I'm Amanda from Collaboration Cuties and I am guest blogging for Christy today!

Collaboration Cuties
Since we go back to school in less than 2 weeks I am in that mode of trying to get everything organized and ready since I know that our preplanning days will have many meetings.

How many of you spent your summer doing staff development through Pinterest?  I did!  I don't know if I even pinned anything that WASN'T education related all summer.  Well, I did pin some things for my daughter's 9th birthday, so I guess I did take a small break.  ;O)

I found an idea that I liked that I wanted to share today.  Usually, I don't get my children's teachers a back to school gift, but this year, my daughter is starting 4th grade, which is the grade I teach.  So, I thought it might be cute to get her teacher a small gift since we are good friends, too, and I can talk about it here on Christy's blog, since she won't see it!!  :O)

I saw this pin originally:
I thought it was adorable because it's the "old" aluminum lunch box that were all the rage when I was a kid.  And, I just got my son a Batman one for pre-k and they had all of the fun ones I loved when I was a kid!

But, anytime I get a plant, it usually dies or it means I need to replant it and I don't want her to have to worry about having to do that the first week or so of school.  So, then I came across THIS pin!


I thought this was adorable and would be the perfect use of an aluminum lunch box!  Here are some things I am going to stock it with (this is based on what I know about my friend):



I'm going to stock it with her favorite chocolates!!


Flair pens that will hopefully make writing in these much more fun!


Her favorite gum!


Probably a blend of Starbucks coffee because I know that she loves it, or a gift card for a cup of coffee.

That may be all that I can get in there.  If not, I'm sure I'll find more things to stuff in, like Post Its, cute clips, and the school supply list could go on and on!

So, these are my thoughts for a possible back to school gift.  I think it would be cute to get for my team, too, but I think that could get expensive.  I'll have to do something on a smaller scale for my team.  AND, I am still working on welcome back treats for my students, but you'll have to stop by our blog in the next week or so once I've made them to check out what I came up with!

I have tons more of cute back to school pins that I will share on Friday, too, but I have no doubt that you've probably been pinning them too!  What did we ever do without Pinterest?

A great big thank you to Christy for having me today!!!
:O) Amanda

Oh, and make sure to check out our 1000 bloglovin follower giveaway going on at our blog!!  :O)



and

5 comments

  1. Who is this Amanda person? :)
    Love this idea, it is too cute. I had a Wonder Woman lunch pail, because, yes I am THAT old.
    Saw this pin and thought you ladies might like this idea for a back to school gift for coworkers.
    http://pinterest.com/pin/11751649000886035/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had a Wonder Woman lunch pail because YOU ARE Wonder Woman!! And I have no idea who this crazy Amanda person is... :O)

      I will check out this pin! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Super cute gift! I love those old lunch boxes! Where did you find it? Her teacher will be so excited when she gets it!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen some of those lunch boxes at Old Navy!! :O)
      Amanda

      Delete
  3. I have a giveaway going on for a great back to school teacher gift... check it out!!

    Diary of a First Year Teacher

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!