Monday Made It & Eating, Drinking and Linking


First off... hats off to many of you! I'm amazed each week at the craftiness of teachers every where! As well as the spirit to create for the classroom year round! I sure do love Tara's linky party to see all of the awesomeness!

 

Surprisingly, it's been a very productive week in the Whitehair household and I'm ready to link up and join the party!

To start... I've been bitten by more than just mosquitoes this summer. I've been bitten by the chevron bug as well!

So when I saw some pallet projects and turning them into flags... I was thinking, alright I could do that!  Then I kept seeing chevron and I thought I could combine the two.Then, I went to my hubby's work to get a pallet, but the spaces between them were so big I decided to opt to just purchase one big board so I did. I impulsively embarked on my journey. 

It started off innocently enough
Then my OCDish tendencies got to me. I taped and retaped this sucker... and redid the tape on the right end.
The painting part was fun
Until I pulled up the tap. In my impulsive... I cannot believe I spent 2 hours taping this board, I'm going to slap paint on it ASAP...I messed up several of the ends. I had thought about keeping my board exposed and "rustic" looking, but the board was too light. 

Then more painting... but my project was complete {and I love how it turned out} just in time to display on the fourth!



My next project was for school. I will be an ELA teacher in the fall teaching half of the fourth grade reading and writing sections. I created a modified clip chart/magnet chart based on the 6 traits of writing. With each writing piece, students can move their clip/magnet to the goal they want to work on.


I cannot wait to print this out {I need stock in colored ink. For real!}


Onward to my summer recipe swap! If you have a favorite recipe, pinned recipe, or recipe recommendation, link up! The linky is open all week long, each week, all summer!


This is a "cheat meal". A meal that may not be as healthy as it could be... but it's quick and I love to fix it when I have meetings at school, but still want to have something semi-homemade to eat for supper.

Chicken & Rice

Korr Creamy Chicken flavored rice
2 chicken breasts, thawed
1 T. sour cream (optional)


To fix.

You can cook the rice on the stove top or microwave. I opt for microwave approx. 12 minutes (whatever the bag says is what I do).

While that is heating up, cook chicken through on the stove (I cut mine into smaller pieces as I heat it or you can cut it into bite-size pieces when it's cooked through.) Usually by the time the chicken is cooked, so is the rice.

I add a nice dollup of sour cream to the rice, stir it in (this is optional). Then I add the rice to the pan with the chicken, mixing up in the pan. Serve.


Quick and easy! 




Have you heard about the AMAZING scavenger hunt where EVERYONE wins? Packs for K-2, 3+, and you can sign up to take home as many prize packs as you want. All you have to do is find the clue words. For the starting point and more information please click on the picture below!

 

I'm having my 300 follower giveaway... TPT gift certificate and units from my store are the prizes...3 prizes with 2 ways to win! Click the picture below to enter!



I've been so overwhelmed by the support and kindness of so many bloggers and humbled by the fact that during this give away I've hit 400 followers! Thank you to each and everyone of you!


Have a wonderful week!


15 comments

  1. I LOVE your flag! So bright and cheery and festive! :) Perfect.
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I feel your pain. I spent forever taping corners of my stool and then it apparently didn't help at all! I found myself looking around this weekend thinking are those houses really painted perfectly if I went up close and looked at the corners?!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your flag. I've been wanting to make one for my classroom flag. It's darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cool decoration! I would still be taping:). Love the chicken recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with chevron right now too! I love your flag project! So cute!
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to try your Chicken and Rice! Yum!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flag is so creative! I love it!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have an amazing blog and it is well deserving of lots of followers! I have sent your bog link to several people that I work with over the last week. It is hard to find great blogs written by someone who does the middle grades.


    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  9. I. LOVE. THAT. FLAG. It's working out perfectly that I've been posting a recipe on Sundays/Mondays so I can link to here!

    Sarah
    The Eager Teacher
    Miss Eager//Create & Inspire
    A Special Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your flag project! I think it looks perfect!!! :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  11. That flag is AWESOME! And, I love your writing goals too! Great week!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your flaggggggie! :D Also, I make chicken like that all the time, I love that it feels "homeade" but it's so easy! We use rice-a-roni sometimes too for some different flavors. :)

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your chevron flag board is ADORABLE!!!! I love it! :) And your chicken and rice looks delicious! Wish I could have it for lunch right now! :)

    Lindsey
    Mrs. Johnson's Little Prowlers

    ReplyDelete
  14. The flag turned out great! And so did the writing goals poster :-)

    Sarah
    MissKinBK

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!