Let's Talk About Me! Teacher Week 2013

Does anyone else hear Toby Keith circa 2001?!?
"I wanna talk about me, wanna talk about I, wanna talk about number one, oh my me my..."
 I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week 2013! Monday is "Meet the Teacher"

teacherweek

So... a little bit about me...


Out at the family farm.

Hubby and I at "our spot" on campus, where he eventually proposed to me at :)

I am Christy Whitehair, newlyish wed, country girl, living in Kansas {could you guess by my blog theme? I decided to embrace all of the Wizard of Oz references.}

This will be my second year teaching, but first year of having my *own* classroom. Last year, I was a K-5 special education teacher, and I spent most of my day co-teaching. I loved this experience, I was able to be in and out of so many classrooms and learn from some amazing teachers. This year, I will be a 4th grade ELA teacher, and I will be able to co-teach with my mentor from last year. I'm pretty excited!

If your new to this blog, I'd love if you would stick around throughout the year. I'll be posting more throughout the year about reading and writing of course (maybe a little math too, I surprised to say, that I think I may miss teaching math this year.) You'll also find posts about implementing iPads (I'm blessed to be in a 1-1 iPad district...swoon), reading intervention (from our MTSS/RTI efforts), and a few non-teachery topics every once in awhile.

Be sure to "meet" all of the other wonderful teachers who are linking up with Blog Hopping today!



In other news.. with school so close to in session, I think I'm going to go ahead and end the summer recipe swap linky; too many other things going on. Thank you for participating this summer. It's been a blast!!

If you need a recipe idea, I've created a pinboard with all of the recipes that were shared. Be sure to check it out for some great ideas!


1 comment

  1. Christy, where's the picture of the boots? I am a HUGE fan of Wizard of Oz too! All time favorite movie!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!