R-Controlled Lovin'

In my small group intervention time I've loved my newest group. Working with small groups of kids will probably be one of my favorite groupings to interact with, but this particular small group has just been a fabulous mixture of personalities. Between all of the quirks and laughter we've had a great few weeks reviewing R-Controlled vowels.

One of the best ways to see movement of students is repetition and application. Repetition is great for the first couple of days, but after that it can become boring. Although we do different activities with word tiles, white boards, and iPads... I'm always trying to find different activities to keep the kiddos engaged.

This go around I threw together 3 games with a couple of variations (nonsense words included for two of the games.) My students loved the change up and requested that the games were brought out to be played throughout the week. Students learning and enjoying themselves while they learn? I'll take that any day!

Click below to see them in my TpT Store!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/R-Controlled-Vowel-Game-Pack-for-Bigger-Kids-1033299

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/R-Controlled-Vowel-Game-Pack-for-Bigger-Kids-1033299




3 comments

  1. Hi Christy,

    I really enjoyed this blog post and have your games in my TpT cart now.

    Are there any other professional resources you can recommend for vowel/phonics work? Teaching phonics is something I really struggle with (mostly because I didn't learn that way so it is a completely foreign concept to me), but my students REALLY need help in this area. I don't know where to begin and was hoping you might have some suggestions.

    Thanks so much!
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!