Holiday Brain Breaks

I don't know about you... but this week is stretching on into eternity. I could have swore that it was Thursday as I was finishing my last minute preps for the day. However, I was sadly mistaken.

My kiddos have been a bit amped up with the impending holiday season. As a result, brain breaks have become quite popular so there is a lot of music and movement throughout the day in my room.

A few ideas to share:

I love Pandora, especially this time of year. During my reading class and a few of writing time blocks I've been playing instrumental Christmas music, lowering the lights, and enjoying the Christmas lights/natural light from the windows. It's worked well at helping students stay on task.

For those moments with the wiggles are beginning to take over, I've played on of the following three brain breaks.

Santa Claus Song... simple steps, repetitive tune, and a hit that students will ask to be played over and over again.


Santa Claus Clones....several variations in the music genres, really gives kids a workout!


Jingle Bells.. sweet and simple, a little nicer for calming than the others.



Hope these brain breaks can help you through the last few days until break!


7 comments

  1. I wish we had you tube access… there would be so many more options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added this to Edmodo for my kids. I think we need to add this to our party tomorrow! Thanks for sharing!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been doing the Santa Clause dance since last week, and my kids LOVE it! I added the Santa Clones to try today. Thanks for sharing!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
    Follow me on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you don't have youtube access, you can download youtube videos on firefox with some of their add-ons! I just discovered this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing how helpful YouTube cane in the classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can't do a whole lot with Christmas at our school, but these look like fun to do when I have my nieces over to make cookies.
    Thank you for sharing them!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!