Tried It Tuesday: Easy Meal Idea

I'm back with the wonderful Holly for her Tried it Tuesday, and gasp, I'm not sharing an app today {crazy, I know}. In fact I'm not sharing anything teacher related {double crazy!} Tonight I'm sharing a couple of recipes that I tried awhile back, and I keep trying, because they are just that good!

Photobucket

My husband and I have been married for almost a year, after being engaged forever and a day, as well as dating for some time. During the engagement that seemed to drag on for all eternity I had a Betty Crocker/June Cleaver moment. I wanted to be able to have a booklet of tried and true recipes for when Tony & I were finally married and entertaining family and friends. Enter these two recipes.

Both are super simple and relatively quick to fix (potatoes take a little bit), and taste delicious!

French's Onion Chicken
Ingredients:
2 cups (4 oz.) FRENCH'S® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
4 (5 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 egg, beaten

Directions:
Place French Fried Onions and flour into plastic bag. Lightly crush with hands or with rolling pin. Transfer to pie plate or waxed paper.
Dip chicken into egg; then coat with onion crumbs, pressing firmly to adhere. Place chicken on baking sheet.
Bake at 400°F for 20 min. or until no longer pink in center.

The flour really does help the flakes stick. We've tried the cheddar flavored onions on accident, really couldn't tell a difference so they aren't any cheesier from what we could tell. 



Roasted Red Potatoes
What You Need
1/2 cup  KRAFT Lite Ranch Dressing ---add to taste, we sometimes add more
1/2 cup  KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese ---add to taste, we add a lot more
1/4 cup  OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon Bits {optional}
2 lb.  small red potatoes (about 9), quartered
1 Tbsp.  chopped fresh parsley {optional}

Make It
HEAT oven to 350°F.
MIX first 3 ingredients in large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat.
SPOON into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover.
BAKE 55 min. or until potatoes are tender, uncovering after 40 min. Sprinkle with parsley.



For all of my favorite recipes (the ones that come up often in the rotation, or I need to have on hand for guest that drop in I wanted to share my recipe holder. A former roommate of mine introduced me to the idea and I love it. I bought the index card book at Walmart for a dollar or so.


Each color stands for a different section of the "recipe book". For mine green is for meats and main dishes, yellow is for salads and casseroles, orange for breads, pastas, and rice, and pink for desserts, snacks, and anything else.


It's nothing too fancy, but it holds those few golden recipes. I have a 3 ring binder for internet printings, news clippings, and other assorted recipes. This handy-dandy holder is great to take to the grocery store, without feeling like I am carrying a ton, or in fear of forgetting to put a recipe back into a binder.
  
Hmmm... so should another link up occur this summer, maybe a recipe exchange of sorts? I'm always looking for new eats, treats, and drinks to throw into the menu.... just an idea... :)


4 comments

  1. I would be totally game for a teachers who cook linky! Those potatoes look great!

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would too! These meals sound so easy to prepare, especially on days when I don't feel like cooking! Thanks for sharing!

    --jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! What a great idea to put your recipes here too! My recipe book is overflowing with cards and is completely disorganized. Hmmm...a summer recipe linky party sounds fabulous!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ideas and recipes! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!