It Makes Me Want to Scream When..

  • Names aren't on the tops of student's papers.
  • Student's come without pencils or just broken pencils for first hour class (they are suppose to get things ready to for the day in home room.)
  • Grades aren't posted in a timely manner for my graduate courses. 

 But, enough about what makes me want to scream.......


This was our latest writing prompt in Written Communications class this week. Using Edvard Munch's painting as inspiration, we wrote about things that make us scream. They could be serious, such as a fear, or something silly, such as my teaching partner's topic of the last Diet Coke disappearing from the fridge. 

The kids enjoyed the topic. There were many stories about annoying siblings, scary movies, and having to come to school. We also added another fun element to this project: putting ourselves into Edvard's famous painting using the "Amazing Booth" app.

I just happened upon this app when it was on the "Apps Gone Free" application. (If you have any sort of Mac device that uses apps. Download this one.) I think Amazing now costs a dollar or two. Similar to photobooth, it has a few fun alterations including adding yourself to famous painting such as the Mona Lisa.

Here are a few of our photos that were included with our written work for display during parent-teacher conferences earlier this week!

What makes you want to scream?

No comments

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!