Easy Mother's Day Art Project

In case you're needing something last minute to do, here is a quick and easy project. We completed it last week in my classroom and my kiddos loved it, and I loved the end result!



I found this idea from Second Grade Sparkle. I was amazed that so many of my students had never used water colors before. Once they got they got the hang of it, my students were super engaged and loved the whole process.

Basically, students wrote several sentences about their mother, grandmother, aunt, or other special gal in their life. They then made their words into the flowers or background of their pictures. Water color and a little ink later and the results were fabulous!





I don't know about you, but I love these creations! Hope you have a fabulous week and fun celebrating all the great women in your life!


2 comments

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!