Hello Harvest Moon

It's been way too long since I've linked up with the lovely ladies at Collaboration Cuties for their wonderful mentor text linky. I was able to finish up my graduate projects a little earlier this week, so I have a few minutes to blog... finally!

I love that this week's topic is fall/Halloween. It's finally beginning to feel like fall here and I'm loving it! Love to have the windows open, love the gorgeous temperatures during recess duty, and a real reason to jump into a pair of sweats when I get home (not just because I like them!)

This week I'm sharing the book Hello Harvest Moon 


From my friends at Amazon: 
While tired farmers and their families are in bed, the harvest moon silently climbs into the sky and starts working its magic. For some, it is the nightly signal to rise and shine. It is time to hunt, to work, or to play in the shadows. For a little girl and her cat, it is an invitation to enjoy the wonders of the night and a last flood of light before the short days of winter set in. With an evocative text and radiant illustrations, this companion to Twilight Comes Twice offers a glimpse of nature’s nightlife long after bedtime.

The illustrations compliment the text so well. I thought that an excerpt could be taken from the book  to talk about "seed" ideas; focusing on a detail rather than every detail. Or just utilize it as a fall read aloud; it really is a pretty book, but then again Twighlight Comes Twice was a pretty book as well.

Happy fall ya'll!


1 comment

  1. I love this book! We read it this year after reading Twilight Comes Twice (which was harder than Hello, Harvest Moon in my opinion as far as them reading into it!)!

    I'm so glad you had time to link up with us!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!