Tried It Tuesday: Math Apps!

I'm back to join in with Holly's great linky: Tried It Tuesday!

Photobucket

At school, I do more than just try out new apps. I promise! Even though it probably doesn't seem that way with each passing week of this linky. I couldn't help, but want to share a few more apps with you this week.

During center rotations on Fridays try to incorporate review over the topic from the week and review for the basic operations. Part of specific learning disabilities is the fact that material has to be worked with and reviewed often for it to "stick" so that's what we do.

The last month or so, I've started downloading and incorporating some new free apps into my center rotations. Zombie Math, Sushi Monster, & Wings.

Zombie Math
The "world" (background) changes depending on which operation your using

You can see that this student had a correct answer from the human running off to the side. 
Zombie Math is my student's absolute favorite! There are levels for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Basically, you have zombies coming at you and above their head is a math problem. When you type the correct answer in the Zombie is zapped and becomes a human once again. What I really like is that when the play is paused, you can still see the problems. This works very well for a couple of my students who get very stressed with time limits. They are able to work out problems on their whiteboards and answer the problem on the game without consequences. 

Sushi Monster


Sushi Monster is an app that only works on addition and multiplication. You have to pick plates that equal the number that the monster is wearing around it's neck. You need to feed the monster to keep him happy. There are several levels of difficulty, and the monster in the middle changes with each level of difficulty too.

Wings


Wings is a fun app for multiplication. We haven't used this app much yet, just downloaded it the other ay for the last few minutes of class. The students liked that they could move their iPad around to "swoop" and get the numbers.



One last thing.. 200 Follower Giveaway is going on now! TPT gift certificate, lesson planner, and clipart are all things you could win. Click the picture to enter :)







6 comments

  1. Aaaaaah I want iPads in my class!!! These are so awesome!
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow ideas by jivey on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I downloaded sushi monster the other day onto my husband's iPad- bringing it to school tomorrow for my 2nd graders to try! Love your app reviews, as always!

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always looking for new apps. Thanks for the recommendations!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having technology envy! I wish I had ipads in my classroom!

    Sarah
    MissKinBK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Math Zombies is great.

    Have you tried Operation Math or Numbers League? Those are two of the top one that I use with my kids.

    great post
    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  6. More apps to pin!! Thanks! I only have one iPad but it is used everyday:) :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I also like to reply by email (so you can see my response). Please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings so you can see my reply or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!!